We hope you’ll join us for StoryBlock’s final celebration and story share on November 1. For the past few months we’ve been honored to continue our work with the Kelly Street Garden through this interactive oral history project. We’ve witnessed incredible stories and are excited to share these diverse and beautiful faces and voices. These are narratives that shed light on the past, present and future of Kelly Street, the South Bronx, New York City, and the diversity and beauty of our individual and collective stories.
We’ve shared stories online and now we’re excited to gather in person. We hope you’ll join us for an afternoon on Kelly Street engaging with these stories and over some scrumptious fall food.
WHEN: Sunday, November 1
WHERE: 920 Kelly Street, South Bronx (Closest trains 2/5 at Intervale Ave, 6 at Hunts Point)
- Join us for a celebration of all of our stories!
- Watch and listen to StoryBlock stories
- See art by local Kelly Street artists, including Sajata Epps, Faye Bonas and Imani Vidal
- Participate in an interactive collage making workshop
- Join us for a light meal and story circle at 3:30pm (We will provide the food, but if you’d like to bring something to share it will be enjoyed by all!)
WHO: ALL ARE WELCOME! This event is free and open to the public. Feel free to share with others. We just ask for people to RSVP here so we can know how many to expect.